Sunday, March 13, 2011

What an Interesting Week

Well, better make that a week-and-a-half.  The chaos of recent days has been like a vacation without ever leaving home.  The time speeding by has been dedicated to playing tour guide and having a good time with out-of-towners.  Stephie arrived first followed by Mike and Misti.  We saw the Hermes/Krewe d'Etat parade and caught a metric buttload of beads, walked the French Quarter, gambled, ate great food, and generally partied.  Some of us partied a little too hard and were subject to the throes of hangovers, as was to be expected.  There was also the Pal's Parade walk from Mid-City to the FQ, but that was abruptly stopped when Scott Monster started feeling poorly.  We created our own parade instead and gave out beads to small children (who were appropriately appreciative) and chatted with other locals.  Later on in the week we did laundry and Mike and Misti got tattoos from Electric Ladyland.  I think that was really my favorite part.

I also got to have a lovely visit at Brennan's with my second cousin Deb (who I haven't seen since I was about 13), met her sister Becky and their friend Dan, and was reminded that the world truly is small.  Try to follow this one:

"Other Brother" Matt lived in NOLA for about two years previous to moving back to Texas.  While he was a resident of LA, he worked for Scott Monster at the FQ Suites.  Scott Monster and Karrie Monster were (and are) a couple.  Karrie Monster works at Whole Foods and has a friend named Jacqueline who worked there as well.  Jacqueline and Matt dated for awhile and then parted ways.  Jacqueline started seeing a guy named Cameron who also worked at Whole Foods and was divorced from his wife Nicole.  Cam no longer works at Whole Foods but Nicole still does.  Nicole is my cousin Deb's other cousin, and oddly the only person out of the whole bunch who hasn't been either a visitor or resident of my current house.

Spring has sprung and love is in the air along with the onset of bugs and the extra ripeness of Bourbon Street.  The stench also pertains to my armpits after hiking way too long in bad shoes to be a costumed extra for the HBO series Treme.  Hey, I got paid so I'm not complaining; look for me in Episode 7, Season 2. 

In other movie news, I talked to one of the production assistants about liking his shirt and asked if the design was from the "Preacher" comic book series.  He was very impressed that I recognized it and gave me a lovely tidbit.  The tale of the Reverend Jesse Custer has officially been picked up for filming (he was friends with the producers) and will finally be in production as well as Garth Ennis' following series "The Boys".  "Preacher" I'm thinking will definitely be filmed locally due to the plotline, probably not so much for "The Boys". 

Whew!  I think that's all.  Is that all?  I know it's been a long time wait for posting but dang it's been busy!  I'm ready for my nap now Mr. DeMille. 

No comments:

Post a Comment