Monday, March 28, 2011

How My Days Work

Behold, the secrets of the Heatherverse are about to be unleashed!  You wanted to know the most intimate details of my existence?  What, you don't care?  Well stop reading then.

If, however, you would like to experience a typical day in my world (which is, as we all know, the prime reality; everyone else are just visitors) please continue.

After several hours of checking up on my nocturnal real estate in the land of dreams, nightmares, and occasionally alternate realities and time jumping I am awakened by the noxious bleating of my cell phone alarm.  Depending on whether or not my anti-depression meds are working I may or may not feel rested.  Hint:  I'm usually sluggish and tired.  Nonetheless, I drag my arse out of bed and let Porch Cat in to feed and try to sneak in to nap on the furniture.  The first step following this is the kitchen for coffee, provided I don't immediately throw myself into chores. 

Chores usually happen on the good days because I'll have the energy and I prefer a clean house.  During these times, breakfast usually gets skipped for a good lunch because I know I have to get as much done as I can before my energy runs out.  I know, I know breakfast is the most important meal yadda yadda yadda....  I eat!  I promise!  I just get distracted. 

After tearing around and doing chores, errands, etc. it's usually time to sit and play for a bit and eat something before I pass out.  Friends come over and at some point there is usually a brilliant idea created that nobody ever follows through with.  I've had so many of these I should really be rich by now.   

Usually by the end of the day the dirty dishes have once again multiplied like Tribbles (some of them even growing pink fur) and are demanding washing.  I ignore them for as long as humanly possible because if there's one thing I can't stand it's bitchy dishes.  It's like having a passive aggressive husband; filthy and glaring at you from the corner of your eye.  Ugh. 

The end of the day comes and I make contact with the heads of my army that I haven't spoken with in a few days.  All is usually well and they each say they love and miss me.  I concur, then go off to read before bed.  If more of my army was here, I'd probably be having midnight picnics in the cemeteries.  Actually, that's probably a bad idea.  The last time I was in a cemetery at midnight I got bit on the boob by a brown recluse.  Hmm, may have to rethink that one.

Anyway, that's a typical day for me.  Exciting, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Truth be told Heather The Great, you have a much more awesome day than I do. I would go into it, but you must not check on your nocturnal real estate before the scheduled time.

    A question, do you have any openings for your army? I have been looking to serve a worthy Overlord.

    ReplyDelete