Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night

In my hand was a bowl of oatmeal and in my heart a longing for someplace to buy emergency toilet paper.  In the land that forsook Walmart, the local groceries had been closed for hours.  Only now, in my near hour of need does it occur to me that today would have been a good day to make a grocery list. 

Instead, the hours were whiled away by the light glowing from the television, a victim of the Xbox opiate called Fable III.  How I love John Cleese and Simon Pegg.  The beauty!  The voices!  The chickens!

Alas, despite my desire to sleep the sandman will not come.  Now would be a good time to do that grocery list, I believe.  Perhaps afterward I will read until my eyelids grow heavy, nodding off in mid-sentence.  Goodnight sleepy, rain drenched world.  See you in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. i too have fallen to prey to the deceptive siren song of the Xbox 360, the joyful screams of dying Dragon Age baddies, the pitiful attempt of those I am to kill in Assassins Creed, and of course, the ever intoxicating Dashboard.

    I do so hope that after reading your book you eventually got to check on the real estate empire you have in the nocturnal dimensions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burning with curiosity now - was there perhaps a correlation between the oatmeal and the need for emergency toilet paper?

    ReplyDelete