Thursday, March 24, 2011

Today Was a Good Day

I got plenty of sleep, went to work, and enjoyed myself.  I'm thinking about picking up some extra work on my days off to get a little spare cash.  But then, when would I have time to plant the garden?  The sink sprouted kidney bean is already six inches tall, I'm going to end up with Swamp Thing if I don't plant it soon.

Today I had a problem.  Not a big one, a minor one.  There are a number of oil workers that are staying at the hotel for the next month and one of them has decided he likes me.  Some little Mexican guy, I don't know.  He called down to the front desk and started asking me if I was single.  I blew him off saying he missed me by a few weeks, sorry.  He called again for a wakeup call and asked if I was sure I wasn't single.  He continued flirting with me saying he'd be there for several weeks and would I give him a wakeup call every day?  Sigh.

Here's the problem.  I'm not very good at flirting unless I am the one initiating it.  Because it happens so rarely that guys flirt with me I tend to get extremely flustered and tongue tied.  It always surprises me and throws me off, especially if I'm in the middle of concentrating on something else.

The second time El Guapo called I was trying to get the end of shift done as well as check in a couple that had just showed up.  It finally clicked what he was talking about with the "wakeup call" and when he asked for the third time about being single I said, "Uhhh, I'm sorry I have to talk to you about this later".  He laughed, knowing how thrown I was and hung up. 

I looked up at the couple and said "I apologize, that guy keeps trying to marry me."  The lady thought this was one of the funniest things she'd heard and just rolled with laughter.  I have to admit, seeing her as tickled as she was at my predicament made it a lot funnier.

On the way home a pickup truck with a couple of very drunk white boys started the same thing at the stop light.  What is this, the day for Heather's yearly flirt quota?  Geez.  Well, could be worse.

4 comments:

  1. I always felt that getting flirted with was a way that you could bolster your self-esteem without actually having to do anything. It is them that is initiating it after all, just go with it, enjoy it and make sure you smile, it makes everything better int he end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who can resist that pretty face and lovely heart that shines through?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya gf on the unwanted attention lol said stalker who called while i was there with you though I have not answered the phone once since back is still calling lol how many weeks of this till they get the hint? OMG lol getting used to flirty guys is not easy lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kao -- That is a very good point! I'll have to remember that.

    @ Anonymous -- Thank you! Flattery will get you everywhere.

    @ Stephie -- That's a little more than flirty. I'd say it's now time to advise him in no uncertain terms his attention is unwanted. I believe the terms I used for the guy that was following our group at The Dungeon was "eff off Douchebag"?

    ReplyDelete