Saturday, June 11, 2011

Flights of Bohemian Fancy

What a lovely day today was!  I got to catch up on sleep, had a Saturday off of work, went to Vieux to Do, and felt useful by getting the rank dishes in the sink cleaned.

The early part of the week wasn't so nice.  In addition to crazy hormones, I developed a migraine (the only time I get them is during Shark Week) and called in sick to the hotel.  While I pitied the lone front desk agent, I would have been worthless. 

A general sense of malaise settled over the house and its varying piles of socks, shoes, and floating dust bunnies.  Somewhere in the middle of it all, a lump of laundry stirred; not from developing an innate intelligence as one might think, but from birthing a swollen, crabby adult female.   Said female was as likely to retreat back into the warm tangle as squint at you, but managed to refrain from doing so.

And yet, this battle against household drudgery and mother nature too was won.  I dragged myself from the miasma of clothing, put on makeup, and presented myself admirably to a prospective employer for an interview.  I won the job, and have finally caught up on sleep today as well as had a great time in the French Quarter.  There was a cooking demo by the Louisiana Seafood commission in air conditioned splendor, multiple Zydeco bands, and more local produce sellers hawking Creole tomatoes than you could shake a deciduous forest at. 

Now, I intend to curl up on the couch with a cheap and heavily doctored cardboard box pizza, anime, and perhaps an adult beverage.  It's been a good day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're happy. I really miss you. - Paloma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too. Any time you wanna come visit, let me know!

    ReplyDelete