Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Called in Today

Wasn't intending to, but my body convinced me.  I went to bed early last night but awoke feeling completely unrested.  Got up, took a shower, got pretty for my interview (which went very well) and realized I needed to sleep more when I was trying to fall asleep during the process.  I'm really hoping I get this job because it offers full benefits in 90 days and an actual LIVING WAGE.  Holy hell!  It's only about 2 minutes farther than where I'm driving now, so that's not bad.  I think the guy doing the hiring tries to scare off the wusses in the first five minutes so he doesn't have his time wasted.  Not a bad way of working things, but it's a little intimidating from the opposite side of the desk.

So!  Today's adventure was falling asleep in the chair once I got home and AFTER my nap!  I think my poor body would've killed me had I gone in today.  The boss man wasn't really pleased when I called in, but considering how little consideration they've given me for basic requests such as a month's notice to have two particular days scheduled as my off days, I don't give a crap.  It's not like I'm getting any more poverty stricken anyway; I'm in the same spot as if I had worked.  Come to think of it, I might have fewer taxes removed.  Eight hours on my feet all day, no lunch, no breaks and smiling at everyone that comes up.  They can bite me.

All right, all right, I can hear my mother nagging in my ear from 800 miles away about how I should be thankful that I have a job.  I am thankful, believe me.  That, however, doesn't take away my right to bitch about things that are genuinely wrong.  No, it won't fix anything, but it makes me feel better to get it off my chest so please shut your yap Mom.  I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you.  Yes, I know it makes you angry and you were just trying to help.  You're absolutely right, I should think on the positive side of things because there is nothing in the world but daisies and sunshine.  Yes, I'm being sarcastic, I'm a satarist and it is a tool of my trade.  No, I'm not using that as an excuse to be rude.  Mother, go take a pill.  Please.



No comments:

Post a Comment