Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tired Heather

My day has finished up with a quickly scarfed greaseball of a dinner (Krispy Krunchy...uh, Kchicken?) followed by drinking pre-mixed TGI Friday's White Russians straight from the bottle.  I am going to regret this in the morning (and probably at about 2am as well).

Good and/or humorous things that happened today.  I remembered to make coffee and it was good!  I earned $20 in tips from the local cabbies for sending them hotel business.  I didn't kill anyone today.  My garden seedlings are doing quite well.  La Quinta in Slidell had a meth lab blow up in it.

Not so good things that happened today:  I forgot to eat.  It was extremely busy due to French Quarter Fest, the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival, and Lady Gaga.  The manager (who could give a crap about how well he does at this site and seems perpetually stoned) wandered off leaving me by myself to close.  Bleah.

I am currently reworking my resume because my tiny two-week paycheck gets nowhere near to covering even half my expenses.   Thus, I sent it to Mike for a second opinion.  He noted that as I only had the last five years of job history this could be a potential problem as most employers look for the last ten.  I explained that the time missing was hosed due to my ex-leech and I was reluctant to note it.  Mike pointed out it was all in how creatively you worded the situation.

"In that case," I said.  "I took a four year sabbatical helping at-risk children and the mentally ill."

The more I think about it, the better it sounds.  Who's gonna question that?

No comments:

Post a Comment