Monday, January 10, 2011

Unbidden Musings

Now that all is quiet I realize that watching Loose Change 9/11 followed by Naked Lunch was, perhaps, not the best idea in an empty house.  Paranoia followed by hallucinogenic dysmorphia has me creeped out by the sound of what might possibly be talking typewriters in the kitchen.  Probably just creaks in the place.  I'm going to go with that.

In an effort to retain normalcy, I shall recount the highlights of the last weekend.  My friend Tony, his wife Allison, and their little boy William came to stay with me and visit.  The dully gleaming neon of the French Quarter in the late afternoon sun held no interest for the little one who wanted mainly to play video games.  He'll realize what he missed when he hits about 13.  Allison on the other hand loved all of it and took pictures of everything.  Tony had been before, so it wasn't as big a deal to him, but the family visit was what was important.  I got to meet his brother Jeff and his boy Peyton as well, so I am well on the way to having an extended family here in Louisiana also.

Great hopes arise for a better future with the job prospects, let's hope that whatever Peruvianism buried in the genetic pool comes through to save the day.  I'm tired of not working, I need a job now!  I hate it when the Universe makes me wait.  Oh well, best to let go and just not worry about it.  Just keep moving forward as best I can avoiding any more than the usual weirdness.  Eh, who am I kidding?  That's where half my life comes from.  I'd probably be bored spitless without it.  If I can just keep from dreaming about bung beetles in Tangiers I'll be ok tonight. 

2 comments:

  1. I love and miss you dearly and cannot wait till I am there with you in March!! You know I adore the calling of the neon lights on bourbon street hahahaa =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have followed that with several hours of playing Silent Hill and went for the Trifecta.

    ReplyDelete