Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Holy Crap, it's Been Awhile

Wow, I didn't realize it'd been that long since posting.  Sometimes life gets in the way and in this case it was as big as an elephant's butt blocking the living room entryway.

To summarize, Mike and I no longer live in New Orleans.  We really didn't want to move back to Texas, but there is absolutely no work to be had down there.  Both of us loved that city and continue to miss it, but Fort Worth is apparently where we need to be.  There have been ups and downs since returning, but things have turned out for the best.  We have a lovely three bedroom house we're renting (which will be a blog all its own once I've cleaned enough to take suitable pictures) and a backyard more than big enough to accommodate our gardening obsession and eventual chicken hut.

My sweetie is working his little booty off at Bell Helicopter being his usual badass self, but I am currently between jobs.  Anybody hiring?  Bueller?  Bueller?  Sigh.  Well, something will come along.  In the meantime, I'm putting in applications every day and am going to dedicate time to my writing.  And why the heck do I smell boiled cabbage all of a sudden?  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment